PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA: Is It Really That Bad???
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2005, 21:12
Rick Binson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an outsider my apologies for butting in but.....

What I am saying is that the industry is, unfortunately, going down hill. Being an airplane driver is not the job it used to be. Perhaps BA is the best of a bad bunch.
the reality is that no company can afford to stand too far away from the lowest common denominator these days.
Whilst I applaud you for wanting to maintain your present T&C I implore you to fight for better.

As has been stated earlier on this thread BA has the best T&C and as an easyJet driver I'd like them to stay that way as if nothing else it gives us something to aim for even we don't quite reach it

You are misguided though to think that you have to come down to the lowest common denominator. How about setting the standard. If you track the bottom you'll end up in a spiral dive. If you go higher companies have to follow. Nobody is talking about being greedy......

Remember your managers are on bonuses to produce cost savings. Roughly translated they'll get richer if they make you poorer. Whether it's adowngrade from a Sheraton to Marriott and before you know it you're in a Travel Inn by the motorway (I jest not).

Do you want to be poorer?

A little cut here and there soon mounts up. Once lost it's very difficult to get back.