PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA: Is It Really That Bad???
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2005, 18:36
Cuban_8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DD,

I have to say I beg to differ with your opinion. I made it clear that, in my opinion, BA is far from perfect. However, do you think that the problems to which you allude to are exclusive to BA?! Surely you are not that ignorant.

What I am saying is that the industry is, unfortunately, going down hill. Being an airplane driver is not the job it used to be. Perhaps BA is the best of a bad bunch. I can assure you from what I know that these problems, and more, exist elsewhere. At least we are not really exposed to the constant uncertainty and dubious job security that a lot of our colleges are!

If, as a seven year veteran like yourself, I am back here moaning about the company, I’m certain I will be doing so confident in the knowledge that the grass really is no greener elsewhere!

wp,

I am well aware that BA is not the sort of company that you leave at the drop of a hat, the implication of doing so are significant. However, I am merely suggesting that if I were as disgruntled as CM seems to be, I would SERIOULSY consider moving on. Life is too short. I am certain he has nowhere near 35 year service...... I would be very inclined not to be counting on that 75k and 250k lump sum too!!!

It is very disappointing to hear about your experience. But I’m sure you saw things change significantly over your time, and that is a sign of things to come. I wish I was in the industry over the era that you were, the fun seems to be disappearing rapidly these days :-(.

Kind Regards,

C_8.