PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA: Is It Really That Bad???
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2005, 13:07
Cuban_8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cornet et al,

Having joined BA from elsewhere just under a year ago, I would stress that it’s vital to get a balanced a view as possible of the company. And establish the facts.

I came from a large charter company and, for what it’s worth, I am more than happy with my lot at BA. The company is far from perfect, and a lot of the above mentioned issues are very real, but some people are making mountains out of molehills.

What I see, time and time again, are people I suspect to be ex-cadets, or people who have been cocooned in a BA blanket for a long time, bitching and moaning on this and other forums. It would seem that they have little or no appreciation of the realities of aviation outside of BA. Whilst I would be the first person to stand and fight for our T + C's, the reality is that no company can afford to stand too far away from the lowest common denominator these days. Unfortunate, but true. And the fact of the matter is that people are still applying in droves, so what does that tell you......

Feel free to PM me if you like. Some people might say that my views don’t count as I'm still in my BA “honeymoon period”. Perhaps they’re correct. Or perhaps it’s because I've seen a bit more of the industry outside of BA over recent years than some.....

Good luck with the decision,

C_8