PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS discussions (All Bases) - Merged
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2005, 22:04
Simon Templar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this forum

While I am possibly over the top with some of my comments in this forum please understand that these comments are born out of frustration.
Like everybody else I make financial decisions based on my present and anticipated income.It provides stability and allows me to plan and consrtuct a future for my family
Anything/one that undermines that will raise my ire
We as crew have never had proper industrial relations representation because we represent ourselves.
It has long been my contention that we must employ professional PR and IR personnel.These people working in tandem with and advising a Union executive.
We have NEVER won anything in negotiations with our employer.
Why?
They employ professionals who live and breathe this stuff.
Throw self interest into the mix and we are disadvantaged even further
Our employer is united...we are not.
The pilots just got "done over" for the same reasons.
It is enormously frustrating when it is clear what is being done and the chattering class procrastinate and contribute little to an issue important to everyone.
These forums allow me(with moderators indulgence)to vent this frustration.
I love my job and do it well.....pax and crew feedback verify this.
I will never compromise the standard of service I deliver because I have issues with my employer and the fascist ay hole that masquerades as the prime minister of this country
So "TIGHSLOT" thank you for your patience and understanding.
Thank you for tolerating the resentment that I have toward those who would seek to reduce my wages,my conditions and reduce the standard of living for my family that I work bloody hard to maintain .

Last edited by Simon Templar; 12th Nov 2005 at 00:39.