PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD Explorer
Thread: MD Explorer
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2005, 21:36
dr atkins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAN = Police Aviation News which is written by PANews on this forum. PANews is an ex-Police ASU copper who now has very close ties with Eurocopter and Mcalpines. Most of the articles in PAN are simply cut and pasted quotations from more reputable magazines. Any articles he writes himself tend to be very anti to any aircraft manufacturer who isn't based in France and Germany. Just read through the last 12 editions and tell me where he has a bad word against Eurocopter. Yeah, the answer is none.

Having close ties with MDHi myself I can see just how untrue the majority of his anti MD articles are. Now that the industry has got to know him and his creative style of writing they are very wary of speaking to him thus the majority of his information comes from pro EC operators. He has even stated elsewhere in this forum that "if the non-Eurocopter manufactures and operators would speak to him his articles would be more accurate"!!!!!!!

All I will say is read PAN by all means but take it with a fistful of salt. If an article catches your eye then you can investigate it further through more impartial sources.

Dr A