PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2005, 14:59
cazatou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walter Kennedy,

With regard to the SEAL's, there were in excess of a dozen people in the immediate vicinity of the Chinook crash when it occurred. This number rapidly grew as Doctors, Ambulance Personnel, RAF & Civilian Firefighters and Civil Police arrived at the scene. Later a Crash Guard from RAF Kinloss took control of the site. NONE OF THESE PERSONNEL REPORTED ANY CONTACT WITH US NAVY PERSONNEL AT THE CRASH SITE!!! Indeed the prime concern of the Civil Police and the RAF Crash Guard was to ensure the integrity of the crash site so that the site was preserved intact for the AAIB investigators

With regard to your "Landlady". I would suggest that if you mentioned "SEAL" to the average British person they would think of an aquatic mammal. I would further suggest that you would initially get the same response from British Military personnel unless/until you qualify the term by referring specifically to the military context (and even then I would be surprised if more than 25% of those questioned had ever heard of them). How would the Landlady of a Campbeltown B&B come to believe (without prompting) that one of her guests was a USN SEAL?

Like the SAS they do not tend to advertise their whereabouts.

PS You still don't get it -do you?

If your theory is correct then the pilots are guilty of gross negligence without any doubt whatsoever.