PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA: Is It Really That Bad???
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2005, 13:07
FlyingTom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re-Heat:

Are you sure that you are not really LCG?

Finger-Bob:

Let me just check my recently received Cathay Introductory Brief letter, oh yes, 15.5% salary Provident fund. Discretionary annual bonus one months salary, housing assistance, school fees, LOL, critical illness cover, 11 years to long haul command, tax 15%..........

BA: "You knew what you were signing up to when you signed your contract".

Did I? BA and BALPA were both in discussion when I joined. BA promised an "industry leading" 12% of salary orally at interview but convieniently forgot to mention only 75% was pensionable. When I phoned for explanation BA said read the MOA, they unfortunately couldn't mail me one as each consumed a small rain forrest. BALPA said the DC pension would be "not as good as NAPS but OK", when I later went to the BFS pension advisor he said, "Oh yes, the BARP pension is crap, your best bet is to pay max AVC." "Will that make it a decent pension?" "Err... not really."

Those BA managers are worth every penny of their salary and bonus's, they certainly know how to manage and motivate.

SFO's look out, it's your NAPS pension they really want, they need the Captains on-side so they can get it. But when they ask why you won't oblige quote back: "because we knew what we were signing up to when we signed the contract".

Last edited by FlyingTom; 11th Nov 2005 at 14:15.