PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristows heading for a pilots strike
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2005, 08:32
MaxNg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bristows heading for a pilots strike

I have heard that yesterdays talks between the company and it's pilots reps have ended without any measurable increase in it's offer.

The Bristows management are taking the Osteridge approach to pay talks and seem to be working on the assumption that the shortage of pilots is stuff of fantasy and fiction, promulgated only by those that would benifit, that those they have in their ranks will still be layal to the company despite the appalling way they have been treated over recent years and that although CHC pilots are paid more, treated better, and have a far better pension that their pilots would want to change uniforms beggars belief.

It seems that finally the pilots have had enough (and not before time either) and they are getting very pi**ed off with the constant errosion of their well earned terms and conditions and will soon be holding a ballot to give the management a very clear message, my contacts tell me that the mood of the pilots is such that aircraft will be parked up at Christmass and I would be very concearned if I was a Bristows customer at the moment.

Whilst CHC are in a massive recruitment phase to cope with the increase in recent long term contract wins and recently announced as the prefered bidder in the UK SAR contract (at present serviced by the very experienced and professional Bristows crews) I would encourage all those at Bristows to look very closely at what they are worth and look outside the Bristows world, for CHC is paying more today and even more tomorrow with an inflation plus paydeal protecting and increasing in real terms every year up to 2010, commiting more to it's workforce by way of a industry leading defined benifit pension scheme, implimenting a equal time roster that has had dramatic results in moral and productivity in Aberdeen and a willingness to engage with it's workforce for future mutual improvements.

I would encourage all those freethinkers to wake up and vote with your feet and let the remaining diehards do just that.

I'm sure that the Bristows management think that if they deny things long enough then it becomes the truth, hense the "osterich approach" well the trouble my friends with burying your head in the sand is that you leave your ARSE exposed.

Bristows Crew, start Kicking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Scotia short of 14 pilots in Aberdeen alone

Call 01224 846211 for a brighter better future, help yourself and those that can't (won't) leave the Old regime.