PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarchs Seat Pitch
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2005, 07:52
SamGuest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monarchs Seat Pitch

Ok, Surely we've all flew with Monarch at one time? I have, and had no problems, until i flew to Florida from Newcastle on their A330 plane.

From boarding the plane 'till getting off i had nothing but trouble!

My mum is only 5"5 and her knees were in the seat, when i saw this, i couldnt even think of what its going to be like when i sit down (or attempt to), i'm 6"3!

Okay, so i sit down, and i literally have to sit on my side with my back stuck into the arm rest and legs going accross into my mums legroom area, just to be able to get in! Even my flight to Rome with Ryanair had more legroom than that!

I would have moaned on to the crew, but i decided not to bother because it isnt their problem and i guesse there has been taller people with this problem, anyhow, she was kind enough to offer us an empty row so we had the middle seat free which was kind of her. What annoyed me was, she first moved a 4"11 grandma to the middle front seats that have more leg room "to make her more comfortable"

Anyways, the point of this topic is, is there no limit on leg room for flights as long as this? i mean, it was REALLY bad, and no, im not just being one of the moany passengers but its quite a risk, if i didnt stand up allot i wud have been in more pain than i was after the flight :S

Comments weclome