PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ozjet is an airline!
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2005, 06:53
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gordon is a top fella and very professional to boot....I suspect the crews at Ozjet will have a wail of a time for as long as it lasts.

I did a sim check once with a very (and openly) gay captain and GB as the checky...GB gave us a quadruple engine failure over the GAFA at night and while the captain busied himself gliding to Alice I busied myself trying to get 4 relights...after many failed attempts had all 4 running and turned to my crash buddy with the words..."There...fixed!" to which he replied "Ohh Chucky I was going to do a WONDERFULL glide approach" ...with heavy 'listhp' engaged I replied "Listen bitch I just saved your arse...say "thankyou Chuck" "Ohh...Thankyou Chuck".

Poor GB didn't quite know what to say...god did we laugh!!!

Personally I hope it lasts a very long time....it is after all what we all would like to be doing...providing a top notch product and friendly service in a small friendly outfit....and in an aeroplane that still needs a pilot to fly it yet

As to the noise issue...we'll see I guess....I like jet noise

You think the old JT8s are noisy?...you wanna hear a TU154 takeoff from inside your 767 cockpit at the holding point at DXB. You can still here them clearly when they reach Vr....man's aeroplane