PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ozjet is an airline!
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2005, 23:54
waav8r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations again to the OzJet operations team with the issue of an AOC this morning! Great work and further - a mate in CASA tells me that the level of professionalism that permeates the OzJet organisation is second to none in Australia.

On a side note to Barbossa - please do us the courtesy and check your facts before posting. On question from Bentleigh as to whether these aircraft (737-229) are banned from nightflight in Europe - you responded with conviction:

"And Bentleigh is right - these 737's have been banned from nightflights in Europe - hence their introduction down here."

You are positively wrong on this account - so go to the back of the class and wash out your mouth with Pine-O-Clean.

This aircraft is NOT -I SAY AGAIN, NOT banned from flying at NIGHT or day, rain or shine anywhere in the so-called civilised world (except the normal curfew regulations applying at selected airports to ALL aircraft in this category - including 300/500 and NG's).

Sure the 200 haven't been seen much in Australian skies for a number of years, but they do in fact operate extensively and successfully throughout Europe and North America, flown by very mature and professional airlines as well as a number of start-up's.

So GAUNTY - I appreciate your position but suppose where I differ in opinion, is that I acually consider the 200 to be a contemporary aircraft, even though it obviously has come towards the tail-end of its economical life-cycle. Clearly - OzJet will not fly them forever and my prediction is that once the concept is validated and proven a success, a fleet renewal program will be initiated. It is only prudent business practise to limit capital costs for a start-up airline, and seeing that Stoddart owns a number of them, he would be mad not to use them for this exciting start-up.

Also - a last chance to enjoy (for a couple or three years) the crackle of a pair of JT8D's taking off over Botany Bay is hardly going to alter our planet in its orbit now is it?