PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Aircraft Production...Production Cost Reduction
Old 8th Oct 2001, 16:38
429 CJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Wasn't here another Australian (originally) a/c called the "Explorer" or something similar from a couple of years ago? Seem to remember it being a sort-of hybrid/composite version of something similar to a Caravan with retractable gear (remember that because I noticed at the time that if the main gear failed to extend you could still land it on it's wheels as they protrududed a few inches below their fairings whilst retracted, and I thought that a great idea at the time).

Now, I beieve, the makers/developers of the Explorer a/c couldn't drum-up enough local interest so the moved the whole shebang to the 'states. Is it still a goer? Website?

How is production of the GA-8 Airvan going? Have the gotten over the problems of earlier this year? Have they got a website?

Composites are shaping up to be the build material of choice for the future (at least that's what it looks like, judging by manufacturers such as Lancair, Cirrus etc).