PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA: Is It Really That Bad???
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2005, 18:52
cornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BA: Is It Really That Bad???

Hi guys, me again!

on a threat called "Virgin vs. BA" here at pprune and some threats people donīt write very good about BA and even some guys want to go back to their old companys with a lot of cargo night flights for less money. Itīs not just one who is writing that, so my question:"IS BRITISH AIRWAYS REALLY THAT BAD????? I know pprune is of course a rumour network, and the pilots mentality, i guess, is that they are always unsatisfied with something in the company. If it wouldnīt be like that, than we would have anything to talk about during a long flight (of course there are some other very important topics, u know what i mean).
I would like to have some statements from BA pilots here. What do u think as pilots of a major-global-player compared to others?
This would be very interesting for me and a lot of other newjoiners. I work right now for a good but small airline with very good Tīs & Cīs but the managment is changing it. New entrys earn 35% less, and it will be just a matter of time until the older contracts will be terminated. I have a longhauloffer at BA, and it is a very big and lifechanging decision for me to take it or not. Iīll have to commute from europa mainland etc etc etc and iīm not a british guy! I know some will say: We had that topic already somewhere similar, so just use the search function - I did it and Iīm aware about the pension and the time to command etc. I just want to get an overall overview with collected (merged) statements from BA-pilots that also the others, who are in the same situation like me can use. Thanks to all!!!
PS: Would u join again?