PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NZ helicopter missing (Now found)
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2005, 08:40
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I assume Ned deleted it. As pointed out above, the whole thread is lost if the originator deletes the first post. I was off-line for most of yesterday and the thread had already gone when I logged on at 17:00Z.
I didn't see the exchanges so can't comment on the rights and wrongs of whatever occurred, but Granny's claim that he was "only just warming up", his need for a "sparing" partner, and deliberately mis-spelling someone's name suggests not all the blame was on one side.

Granny
Since you mention spelling - "Quess" isn't in the Oxford either, but "sparing" is, although it probably isn't what you meant to say. It means moderate or economical - qualities worth bearing in mind when 'sparring' with others on the forum.
Maybe we won't hear from Ned again for a while, which would be a pity. Whatever his faults - a shorter fuse, and more prone to extreme over-reaction, than anyone I've encountered in my life etc - Ned made valuable contributions to the forum. I hope you'll use some of your time before you head back to work to make some yourself.

Heliport