PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iraq murder trial charges dropped
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2005, 14:09
pr00ne

Received 140 Likes on 65 Posts
16 blades,

I can assure you it is no worshipping harem! Not exactly HIS either old chap. You may think that it all becomes so much clearer but quite frankly you are way off the mark. The last time I had a really good word to say about TB was around 2000, since then it has been a huge dissapointment and that was BEFORE this totally disastorous invasion of Iraq, which, despite what folk on here are saying, WILL go down as the one single thing he will be remembered for for all time, not an epitaph I would want!

stafford,

Stalker was replaced by Colin Sampson; Chief Constable of the West Yorkshire Constabulary after being accused of various wrongdoings by the RUC, the whispering campaign was that he was TOO near the truth for comfort!
Colin Sampson’s report was never made public and the Attorney-General of the day merely announced that the 11 members of the RUC investigated would not face prosecution for reasons of national security.

As I said the existence of any campaign to prosecute members of the security forces would face huge difficulty in light of the actions that came out of the Good Friday agreement, you simply cannot treat members of both sides differently and anyone in the Govt will know this, an amnesty is just that you cannot apply it on one side and not the other. The existence of a shoot to kill policy within the RUC and collusion with Loyalist death squads is indeed shameful and abhorrent, but no more shameful or abhorrent than the deliberate targeting of innocent civilians and off duty members of the security forces and their families, for which a full and 100% amnesty has been agreed.