PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2005, 07:47
The Swinging Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lasernigel,
I hope you dont regard me as a 'doom and gloom' merchant, although I fear you do as BEagles comments were in responce to my posting.

As someone who spent most of the 70's in the back of one of these magnificent beasts, I do very much have a vested interest in getting 558 airborne again, and can think of nothing better than to hear her mighty roar at an airshow.

My comment was simply that despite assurances from some people who were, AND STILL ARE at the top of this project that 'money is NOT a problem' it yet again appears that money is very much a problem, and quite a big one!

Now I don't know your circumstances nigel, but like many tens of thousands over the years (maybe even millions!) I have donated lots and lots of money in purchases, raffles, donations blah. to keep this thing alive It just concerns me that despite assurances from those at the top, there is a major financial shortfall - YET AGAIN!

If these guys are getting it so wrong about one item, the money, I worry that they get the other things right.

I still wish them all the best, but I feel that like myself, the vast majority of people will soon be calling time on giving money to this project.

Nevertheless, I'll still buy a ticket!

Kind regards to all
TSM