PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ozjet is an airline!
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2005, 06:28
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone explain why, when I point out some significant environmental trade offs in the pursuit of low prices and doubts about the basic premise of the business plan use of what are "superannuated aircraft" by any measure, I and others are automatically pilloried as anti-competition and anti-job creation.

Far from it.
elektra says;
Deregulation creates jobs. Three words...a world of truth. Get over the hatred and bias...newcomers change things and we're all better for it.
so lets start the same race to the bottom in the airline industry that cruelled the GA industry. More jobs in the short term less in the future and while we are at it, we can tell the airframe and engine manufacturers to quit this all this expensive modernisation and fartarsing around, sack the hundreds of thousands of aerospace workers so we can employ a dozen or so extra pilots, go back to the desert and refurbish the thousands of airframes we once thought had passed their use by date and lets get on with it shall we. I always did have a bit of a hankering for the CV990.