PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Link PNG
Thread: Air Link PNG
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2001, 11:11
cleatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

In regard to the original post, Airlink have 6 operating bandits, 3 bongo vans(islanders), 2 404s for charter & a 402. Bases are Tokua(Rabaul), Madang, Lae & Port Moresby. Inital start is on the bandit as an F/O for a few hundred hours to accrue time in country(insurance requirement) before moving onto the islander fleet if your hours require further consolidation. I believe they have introduced a new schedule, so most work is done on the Bandit now. The pay is in Kina, I think based similar on F/O wages for operating the same machine in oz. It should be good experience for those chasing multi-crew, multi-turbine RPT OPS, & if you progress to the throne of the Bandit, it would help with progress when the time comes to leave PNG. Also there will be plenty of willing & able Mary's to keep you company on hoty humid nights!
I think requirements are 1500 TT & 500 M/E, however this may be a little flexible(ie 1200 TT & 300 M/E) PNG flying is fun & challeging & companies in PNG are always seeking drivers. Considering the Aus situation, PNG is one palce in the world still chasing pilots, & its better than pumping fuel! Yawo