PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL
Thread: BRISTOL
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2005, 04:35
WATABENCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would think that the answer to Andrew Skipps mind boggle over Florida is quite obvious, and weve all mentioned it before it's our old friend runway length rearing it's ugly head again, take FCA, they now have more lightweight 767s due to less seating and the complete revamp of everything inside, perfect you would think, and weve been told would make Florida direct, However Mr FCA Head Honcho wants to make as much cash as poss out of his 767s and therefore likes to fill the bellies up with cargo etc... Which then means the a/c is to heavy to get off the meager strip of runway that wee call 27/09 and fly direct to SFB.
Take the FCA operation at BHX, a few years ago the pulled the 767 that was doing Florida and moved its Midlands long haul operation to EMA, why you may ask, well apparently due to EMA haveing the longer runway they can put more cargo on the a/c, which seems kind of strange to me seeming people like PIA operate 747s in and out of BHX with no major issues as far as i'm aware, therefore in theory were probly more likely to see a SFB route out of EXT before BRS, roll on the 787 thats all I can say!