PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Link PNG
Thread: Air Link PNG
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2001, 18:52
2daddies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chimbu,
Sorry, mate. Dodgy may have been the wrong word. I certainly did mean it in reference to the areas NCA fly in (nothing like dropping off the end of Kanabea thanks to a completely unforseen and viscious bout of downdraughts. Makes me wet my pants just thinking about it!) but I was also just trying to put it in to context for those who haven't experienced what seems after a while quite unremarkable in PNG. Even to the most feral of Aussie bush pilots I'm sure North Coast ops/ planes look, well.... Dodgy!

P2-ISM is still going strong and in fact was my favourite of the only 3 remaining at NCA: ISL, DWA and ISM. ISB is in bits and although I haven't heard of the other one you mentioned I would have to assume it has found a similar fate. As a matter of interest, P2-ISA was written off in a fatal accident at Bapi (Garaina Valley) on the 29th April, 2000. 8 deaths including the pilot, a New Zealander called Hayden Gibbs.

Quietales, you are spot on with the Visa debacle. A good friend of mine has finally been given his NCA visa after 4 months of waiting and another mate has already hit 5.5 months.

You know what they say - "Hurry up and wait!"