PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loan security - BBVA
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2005, 23:13
FlayinSpanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look, Im really sorry. I think either people are not reading the previous threads or they just want to have a shot at repeating what others have written.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND
I get it, I DO I really really know how big a risk it is. I have spent a long time researching forums, speaking to people about flight training and getting funding. I absolutely didn't want to involve my parents, for all the same reasons people have listed.

I don't know why people think I havn't realised asking for financial assistance could be risky!! I am sure there are niave people out there, but after 30 seconds of searching the threads on this forum, that would be quickly dispersed.

I have put together business proposals for banks in order for me to get a loan off my own back. Quite simply this is not going to happen for lots of reasons I am not going in to. One of the options for me at this moment in time is to get information from people who have had their parents provide financial assistance, so that both I and my parents can discuss it properly and consider if them helping would be a viable option (isn't that the purpose of asking questions on these forums? To gather answers from others who have gone before you?). I don't want them to sell their home etc. I want to have the facts, so it can be DISCUSSED. I can't state this any more clearly. I am trying to approach this sensibly, not skip up to them singing, mummy daddy, can I have some money pretty please? Oh goody!! I don't want to lie/bull****/hide truth or sugar coat anything.

Of course I am considering all other possibilities, scholarships, recruitment schemes (some of which I am in the process of selection) but I don't understand why people are missing the fact I am simply looking for information about another choice.

PLEASE..... NO MORE POSTS ABOUT HOW FINANCIAL SECURITY IS RISKY. I GET IT. HONESTLY. I PROMISE. BUT I STILL WANT TO KNOW! IF YOU HAVE NOTHING HELPFUL TO ADD, THEN PLEASE DON'T!!!!

End of rant.

P.s. Many MANY many thanks to the people who have PM'd me with the information that I requested on this thread. It has been very useful and appreciate your answering my questions without the big brother lectures.