PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whats it like @ flybe?
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2005, 21:27
RAFAT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contrary to what Lucy states, hour building is determined more by base than fleet. For example - turboprop (SD360/F27/DHC8) pilots based in BHD are, and have been for many years, the biggest accumulators of hours in the Company.

As far as 6 on 2 off is concerned, this was a big factor in why so many have moved on in the last 18 months or so, but Uncle Mike refused to acknowledge this, choosing to blame the other airlines for recruiting so heavily. However, weekly duty periods are now based on a rolling roster, so 6 on 2 off is not really sustainable despite MW's previous misinformation, but if the Company does find a way to continue with it then they can only expect to lose more people - Dr Muir please take note. Who the hell is she by the way? I've not seen sight nor sound of her since this 'research' started.

er82 - FF doesn't work at Flybe these days, but is not far wide of the mark in some of the things he describes.

As far as the alt busts are concerned, the 400 is not the problem, it's finger trouble by inexperienced crews.

SKY's4ME - Everybody in the Company tries to stay positive everyday, but the Company beats it out of you everyday. The Employee Share Scheme, and the arrival of the new Embraers next year should be factors that appeal to all and help retention, but the Share Scheme was very badly administered, and you could confidently bet your last £ on the fact that selection and bonding for the Embraer will be equally shambolic. Having said that, it might not be the shambles it might have been if MW had stayed.

In summary, one should ONLY consider Flybe as a last resort.

As an aside, I wonder if MW has given up his entitlement to his shares now that he's gone, (as is the rule) - errrrrrr, not bloody likely! That's how mismanaged Flybe is.