PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iraq murder trial charges dropped
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2005, 18:20
pr00ne

Received 140 Likes on 65 Posts
16 blades and stafford,

I don’t “fanatically defend everything else” that Blair does, I simply react when I see ridiculous claims of him being personally responsible for everything from body armour being withdrawn in Iraq to him overseeing prosecutions of UK forces for ‘war crimes.’

A lot of folk on this site are very quick to place blame on Blair when it rightly should be placed at the feet of some very senior officers in uniform. Others merely allow their own political agenda to get in the way and cloud their judgement.

I am far from some fanatical Blairite, to me he has been a huge disappointment but in no way do I see him as the lying conniving slimy toad that you seem to, he is no worse than most senior politicians but certainly no better.

I do not know the man but I do frequent the periphery of what may be described as his very outer social circle, I hear a lot that is totally at odds with what a lot of posters think is Blair’s opinion and motives.

stafford,

How do you KNOW that there was “significant political pressure to mount these prosecutions?”
The fact is that you DON’T but it suits your own political agenda and opinion to believe that there was!

shandyman,

Yes, you are extremely naive!