PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirNorth drops pistons and Hardy Av AOC in danger!
Old 12th Oct 2001, 05:35
nasa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

gaunty…..The old analogy of the FJ Holden in comparison to the PA31, wears a bit thin after a while…..You can put a Colemil Conversion on the PA31, you know, Winglets, VG’s, 4 Blade Props, a class gleaming paint job, beautiful leather 8 seat interior, an MX20 MFD, and the punter walking out to the aircraft don’t know the difference…..You lead a punter out to an FJ Holden, & they pick up on it pretty quick (either that or they just arrived on one them boats over your way).

Besides, You can put a 1977 KA 200 next to a 2001 KA B200, & I know a lot of pilots that don’t know the difference (given they both sport a 2001 paint scheme).

Most punters don’t know they are being driven around in an FJ and if your aircraft is as described above, and the oppositions is comparable to the Cuban fleets you speak of, who’s going to get the business????

Don’t get me wrong…..To get back onto my favourite subject, I just got off the phone with a finance guy I know, and his words were to me Australian Banks don’t know how to count over five, and don’t know anything over 30% referring to a loan period and residual %…..You get them to get off their collective RRR’ses and look at financing aircraft in a fashion more compatible to the rest of the developed world, and maybe, just maybe, we will see the likes of what you expound….Then all we have to do is reorganise our regulatory authority to oversee and regulate the market as it should be……

dreamer….your nothing but a dreamer that song was written for aviation