PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD Explorer
Thread: MD Explorer
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2005, 17:11
dr atkins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much BM. Some people out there just like to knock what they don't know about simply because they see new types or superior types as a threat to there current ride. Others such as PANews have an obvious commercial interest in one particular manufacturer and will use any rumour or half truth to try and steer the unknowing into their mode of thinking.

For example, PAN has persistently stated that the London Hems machine was on an Annual for 7 weeks and the aircraft was delivered back to HEMS end of September. Well I checked today and the paperwork for the annual(a legal document) wasn't raised until the 5th of September. Given that this is normally done a week before the work commences and even with my rubbish maths I still can't see how he manages to make 7 weeks!!! This is prity typical of his way of spreading rumours. His next question will predictably be where was it for the other 4 weeks it was absent from the hospital roof. Well this is an answer only the HEMS team can answer.

I had a look at the 429 mock up at Helitech 05 and it sure does look a real competitor to the current EMS types available. 2008 is a long way off for certification but I'm sure we'll be hearing lots more about them in the mean time. BM, you could always stick them on an N reg if you couldn't wait.

Dr A

Just for the record I'm actually a big Eurocopter fan having worked on AS 355's and BO 105's for 10 years now and more recently a few EC135's. It's just MD knocking Eurocopter stooges I don't like!!!