PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silence on Pakistan operations
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2005, 14:51
Swinging Spanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heli Ops in Balakot, Pakistan

Hi all,

Just to add my 2 cents worth, I am part of a 3 man team with a B212 supporting the United Arab Emirates Armed Forces.

We are a civilian outfit providing air support for a military hospital in Balakot. We set off only 3 days after the earthquake, and I myself finished a 6 month contract only to turn around and launch in 36 hrs to Pakistan.

Most of the air support is provided by military forces from various countries, and only a few like ourselves that are not.

The people I work with have been exposed to working in countries like Yemen, Iran and Pakistan. So while most people's comments are correct in stating the problems working here, it is essentially apart of an equation. One has to solve these problems to achieve objectives...I mean c'mon we work on heli's right?!?

If one keeps a level head and temper then, like me, you will have a great time knowing you are helping people, and seeing the unspoilt mountains of Kashmir while doing it.

Lets not fool ourselves here, we are all just a link in the chain, but slowly and surely we are making a difference. Rather than making comments about inefficiencies, get in there and make a ripple.

If anyone is interested, I have some great photo's of our op's here. If someone is able to help me get them posted I would only be too happy to share.

Cheers for now

SS