PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Run and Breaks
Thread: Run and Breaks
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2005, 13:43
The Jaguar Fan Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*takes deep breath*

Ok, a couple of points to put to bed.

My whole "argument" was based on the fact that an accelerated stall can take place at a higher IAS than a less experienced would expect due to the effects of G. Now that we have the correct definitions of the phenomenon (cheers TAC), I don't think anyone is in any doubt about what they are. I was trying to expand on the point first raised by HWD and I accept that my comment reagarding varied AoA was confusing and incorrect. However the whole conversation has raised the issue of linking IAS, wing loading and stalling amongst the GA commuity here, which can only be a good thing. Indeed in an article about stalling, Brian Lecomber describes the classic stall accident as "...a slightly accelerated stall, the aircraft weighing more under G..."

Secondly, WorkingHard it is clear from your posts that you enjoy being antagonistic and are yourself not immune from throwing insults. My comment was rather in the heat of the moment at your whole attitude and nothing whatsoever to do with being "unstable". As a result it has now been retracted from my post. I am sure SRG medical division would welcome your comments if you are concerned about a licensed person's mental state.

Flyin'Dutch' - Quite a sweeping statement regarding "self proclaimed experts" and attitudes on PPRuNe. My comments were not intended to be elitist or patronising, and I apologise if that is how they came across. I have to say though that there are many aircrew, and other aviation "professionals" who DO conduct themselves in a petulant manner both on PPRuNe, and in person or the RT. It's not as rosey out there as one might think..just have a look on some of the other threads on here, and in CHIRP!

Anyway..hopefully we have all learned something...

regards
TJFC