PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS discussions (All Bases) - Merged
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2005, 12:24
radiation junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back on Track

" This has no relevance whatsoever to Qantas, its direction or management."

Hi ! New to this Forum. Has been an interesting hour or so reading the latest posts.

Yes, all this does have relevance. It has shown me some (not all)S/H are short of more than just "Haul" . Sadly a lot of these ex S/H somethings, be it Ansett/TAA or even Air NZ etc are now part of the L/H "so called management" and are blindly falling over themselves perpetuating the "Bonus for Blood " style of management direction, so loved by our VDD.

Actually had GOD (silent "O" )on a flight from JFK recently. He was charming, polite, friendly. Came into the (first class) galley and had a chat with the crew. Told us all about the future plans he has for Q. Trouble was, at the end of it I did not see any Q left. Just a lot of satellite sub divisions running on cheap O/S and casual or contract labour providing cheap flights to cheap destinations. He kept re-iterating if this did not happen, Q will not survive. A kind of "catch22" as in my opinion Q has ceased to exist in his mind already. (other than as a bonus machine for his own "team" before they move on to the next victim.)

Is that back on track, or have I said too much already ??