PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moncton Flight College/PTC
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2005, 01:57
pneumatic boot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a current CPL student attending MFC I have to say that the level of instruction that we are receiving is excellent. There are 2 full time JAA instructors at present for four students. Since I have arrived I have seen 4 students pass their CPL skill test first time. 3 of the 4 have gone on to Bournemouth for their IR and the final was already Instrument rated. If they were not satisfied with the level of instruction they had received would they continue training with PTC!

Their is a new fleet of Diamond DA 20's here but with the Canadian students here availability can be difficult. Cessna's on the other hand are readily available and scheduling are very accommodating with short notice requests. The planes are all airworthy and maintained on time.

Management are also approachable and have on numerous occassions stopped us to ask about our progress. Very much an open door operation.

The accommodation is however quite expensive for what you receive. I would compare it to a prison cell with bunk beds. It does have its own tv and wireless internet (sometimes). It costs 375 canadian dollars but if you are planning to stay in Moncton for a while you can rent some really good houses nearby for cheaper than the colleges' accommodation. They are taking advantage of the students who come for short courses eg CPL.

The only negative element of training at Moncton is the weather. You wil lose some time to weather but that's is to be expected of Canada during the winter.

I noticed that somebody said to contact Darragh Owens from PTC in Waterford. Is this actually possible. I have called in to PTC waterford, emailed and left phone messages but never once got a response. I have heard mixed reports about training in Waterford and would appreciate if anyone had any first hand knowledge as I cant seem to get it from them!