PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD Explorer
Thread: MD Explorer
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2005, 19:51
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
PA News;
Armed with that allegation and the surrounding furore I sat back and counted off my diary, personally checked the roof of the Royal London and news reports. I only went 'public' when the 7 weeks had expired - as the aircraft returned to service.

In the meantime I paid attention. I rang around. I acertained that NO ONE claimed to be able to undertake an Explorer annual in less than two weeks.

I asked a range of maintenance organisations what their times were and got a range of replies. Four days for an EC135 under favourable circumstances [they claim to have done it and I guess someone on this forum will be aware of the truth of that claim] but realistically a week for that and at least that for the 355/117 era machines. Yes, including the 145, its not new you know ....
Someone looking in from the outside, could get the impression that your actions are the sort that may be used for subversive means.

Making diary notes, watching helipads, phoning units on serviceabilities / downtimes and then making that information available to whoever calls!

Making such close notes on when Air Ambulances and Police Helicopters are offline is, IMHO, pretty suspicious and that sort of information in the wrong hands could lead to some very well timed incidents!!!

Who, if not Macs, does pay you?

SS