PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BYE BYE VIRGIN BLUE! HELLO ANSETT
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2001, 08:59
sprucegoose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OICUR12, sorry fella. No defaults on loan payments going on at VB. Two things to account for an NG "sitting" around at BNE. Firstly when a new one arrives it gets a few days in the hangar to have decals fitted and various other things done to it to ready it for service. Secondly one of the -800's is here more or less surplus to requirements. It was available and we have it on a pay as you use it arrangement until early next year. Sitting around doesn't cost us a thing. It will cover for C checks on the -400 fleet in the new year. I suggest your banking friend takes a bit more care than to fabricate bull**** about things he/she obviously doesn't know anything about.

Alpha 41, I can't think of anyone I have seen or spoken too at VB in the last 3 months even mention AN. We couldn't care if AN was here or not. On the other hand I would be a bit worried if my airline was just taken over by a trukkie and and a grocerie store manager with backing by a couple of dubious yanks bringing with them someone elses money to blow in order to grab a sizable cash bonus for getting AN up and running in the short term and them bolting. The sad thing there is that as many as 4000 AN staff will be out of work for the second time in maybe a year. Don't choke on your wine bottle.

[ 22 December 2001: Message edited by: sprucegoose ]</p>