PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ozjet is an airline!
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2005, 15:46
Escape_Slide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trojan Horse - they're trying

I am sure Geoff Dixon will have already thought about Ozjet being a trojan horse and have planned for such a move.

The trojan horse concept is not new in aviation. It is a strategy that diverts the attention of competitors from immediately deploying counter measures. So far this seems to have worked for Ozjet by changing the product from economy to business class, changing base and so on resulting in quite a bit of confusion. The chaotic approach of Ozjet appears to be favouring its survival - at least at this stage.

However, I think the market will react to Ozjet and, because the market is not large in Australia by world standards, Ozjet will be forced to change and, that decision, which needs to be made soon, is crucial for its survival.

Having attended an interview with them, they are very professional in their approach but I declined their offer of employment because it appeared to me they don't have plans beyond the next 6 months and for me that is too much of a risk to take. It just reminded me so much of Compass 2.

But, they are at least trying.