PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BYE BYE VIRGIN BLUE! HELLO ANSETT
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2001, 17:20
Qduck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Chimbu Chuckie and Fubaar,

Thank you both for seeing my post exactly as intended.

It is strange how rdnav can see it so differently.

"Qduck who was happily ensconced in the LHS of a Fokker 100 on 90K until Dennis got so sick that the children decide that they wanted their inheritance to blow out of their collective backsides decides that a 737 slot at VB or at Q link would be the ducks guts" (ducks guts, does a duck have a beer gut CC)

and

"Or accuse an experienced pilot(F100/F28 FWA by the sound of it ) as being part of the problem because he is happy to accept the going rates for jet Captains in OZ, as opposed to the heartbreaking work that pays crap in a job that he hates, but tolerates it for his family.

Chimbu Chuckie.

then

"Qducky, if indeed you are a pilot, then your present attitude is part of the problem that lies ahead for Australian aviation"

radnav.

Yes I am a pilot and have held a licence since 1974, I worked very hard to get where I was and loved my job.

I worked for a group of people whom, if their collective brains where dynamite, couldn't blow their hat off. Furthermore I have had the misfortune to suffer from "colateral damage" as the yanks would put it.

As I said in my original post I will do almost anything to get my/a flying job.

If radnav suggests that I should keep unloading containers in 40 degree heat, or labour for 14 hours straight through the night, or unload, empty, scrub, rack and stack bins for LadySan,for $13/hr in order so that I comply with:

"The actions of pilots during the next 12 months will have long term industrial consequences for the entire aviation industry in Australia. Sell your soul to the devil now and he sure wont give it back later."

My soul went south with a well known Knight!

Let me think radnav, scrub sanitary towel waist bins for $38,000 a year or fly 737 for $38,000 a year. C'mon guys, give me a clue.

I believe I was earning a fair wage, but as CC observed, would I be any worse off??

Was that the gravy train I saw go past a minute ago ?

Edit = speling and grama!!

[ 21 December 2001: Message edited by: Qduck ]</p>