PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ozjet is an airline!
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2005, 14:08
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amos2 eerm I was thinking of something along the line of "profit share".

I take the profit, you share what's left over in the galley with the crew. that's what Little Johnny has in mind I think.

Of course just the sheer fun of it is usually sufficient reward for most Oz pilots. and we can work out way up from there.

Rob back in the seventies, I think it was.

I dont think their competitors will have to do much in the way of pointing out the environmental isues, the aircraft will do it for them.

As you say
We all used to make that noise but once it has gone from peoples' lives for a few years
they will more than notice its return.

I live about 10 miles from Perth Airport and the departure North from 21 takes em around to the south of my house .

In days of yore on a still night or in the morning with an easterly you could hear the "oldies" landing and taking off (including the compressor stalls in the strong easterlys) and you would wait for them to come crackling overhead and get the TV picture jittering away. The Speys were the worst for noise.

Nowadays with the modern kit you can't, at least not easily and in any event the superior performance has em overhead and going through FL150 plus quiet as a mouse.

Most now are so quiet you don't even know they are there.

Occasionally we'd get the odd US military B707, RAF VC10 and the like then they stood out like the proverbials.

And if my memory serves me right they wont be hard to find out the window, you do what you do with the PC3 Orion and C130 look for the grey smoke trails and follow them to the aircraft.

Ah well back to the future.

OZBUSDRIVER

Does that mean Oz only has to run 20% or better to show a good profit?
no, just maybe if he wasn't booting it out the back in truckloads as smoke, revenue is not profit.
And the manufacturers haven't been searching for fuel economy just for resource and environmental reasons, it is a huge percentage of the total cost.
And we have not yet begun to pay anywhere near the real price of fuel.