PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education: What A Levels and Degree (if any)?!(Apr '09)
Old 7th Nov 2005, 12:33
97robem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Degree And Age

HI Guys

I desperately need help, I am currently 19 years of age and am working at manchester airport as a dispatcher for a well known handling agent.
I decided not to go to uni after gaining my a levels ,in maths physics and chemistry, grades ABD respectively, but to gain experience in the aviation world and to increase my understanding of it. I am now in the position where i want to begin my training but want to have the highest chance of getting a job at the end of it.
After speaking to many different flight deck they say you dont need a degree but a good head on your shoulders and the ability to learn and to become a good pilot.
I was wondering what advice you guys would give me on what you think the best age is to begin training, do you think i am too young at 19?, and also do you think a degree will stand you in a better chance of getting a job after your training or do you think experience and understanding of actual hands on work in the aviation industry is better.
Also I want to start at oxford do you guys think this is a good place? i have visited fte and oat and to me oat seems much more professional but still BY GB etc seem to like FTE.

any response would be great

thanks for your time guys

James