PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ozjet is an airline!
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2005, 01:20
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and hopefully will give some more people a shot at the pointy end of of jet.
nomorecatering no disrespect intended and i'm all for people following their dream, but there is this distressingly familiar theme that runs through Oz aviation and forever damns it.

It is that aviation businesses are promoted and started for the sole pupose of employing pilots and engineers, usually by those unemployed as such or to use fuel, a rapidly dimininshing resource and maintenance, there are warehouse full of obsolete parts as a substitute for real capital.

It seems that Governments, airlines and manufacturers have been going down the wrong path all these billions of dollars and years later. Car manufacturers have even been able to get to the California "zero emmission" standards and fuel consumptions half that previously, at a cost of several gazillion, billion, million dollars.

Anyway I'll be gone for a bit while I round up some DC-8-73s for an assault on the Kangaroo Route. I reckon with a 100 pullman berths I rescued from some old 1920s trains, disco and hot tub, we could make a motza.

Heck I could even get amos2 as Chief Pilot.

Sunfish
Now wait for the dirty tricks to start.
what? do you mean VB and QF kicking into gear to meet the new competition?

BA deserved everything they got and more AND funded their new competitor to a level that may not have occured "naturally' for some time if ever. Poetic justice on a grand scale.

That was the this is now.

So, any moves by the incumbents to protect their market will be "dirty tricks" then?

I seem to recall the same treatment towards VB, now they are allies against the new "enemy".

Sun Tzu would be savouring the exquisite deliciousness of it .

I've been wrong before but IMHO this will be a brutally short war.

They only have to turn the basic premise of the business plan against them by claiming the environmental high ground to put the guilts on the user. Sun Tzu!

Make no mistake whatever most people might think about the apathetic Aussie he does, or at least his adult children do take the environment seriously.

Which brings me to the real question all "old clunker" arguments aside.

How have the Government and regulators acquitted the "environmental impact" issue required by law in this regard.