PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Interview (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2005, 20:16
tic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gfboy
Sorry my friend, but you have the wrong impression, at least in my case. When my father died, I knew, that I was only entitled re GF rules for 3 days. That sucks, I admit, but in reality, I was given as much time as necessary. I thank them for that.
Regarding professionalism, GF is no better or worse than anyone else. Unfortunately GF is used as a stepping stone to EK etc etc. GF has many many problems, and yes, you can get totally peed off re the frequent roster changes, which I'm sure totally stuff up your plans for the month as they do mine. Perhaps our pilots shouldn't go sick all the time, for no real reason. Well, that happens in all airlines. At the end of the day the operation has to continue, and if you get a roster change, more than likely, it's not the Company, but your fellow operator that decides, he/she doesn't want to do that particular flight/block. Pretty selfish, but the changes are probably because of the crew, not the company. GF pilots run down GF, EK pilots run down EK, QR pilots run down QR, EY pilots run down EY. Point is, where will you be entirely happy.? Not going to happen anywhere is it?
Make your move according to what suits you. Stay or go. Quite easy actually. For me GF has been good to me, I like the guys I fly with, and I'm as happy as I can be. Hopefully you will find the " perfect" airline. Good luck, and I mean it.