PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your Thoughts On Sky Marshals On Domestic Flights?
Old 21st Dec 2001, 17:20
Ejector Pump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

To me it is so simple, Sky Marshals, go for it, I'm there 100%, no, make that 110%.

My grasp on it all is that the public expect the flight crew to get them from A to B smooth enough for the meal to be eaten, the video to be watched and to be able to get out at the other end without being crumpled by an extremely bad landing.

I would also think that they only expect the cabin crew to feed them, pamper them and to get them out the exits if it all goes to s..hit.

I do not think that they expect any of us to also be the security staff and save them from any two bit assailant.

AND sorry I don't want to, nor will I, take the John Wayne trip, I'm too old for that.

If Sky Marshals mean I can triple deadlock the cockpit door and worry about doing my job without thinking that I have to be Bruce Willis as well, I offer my thanks.

Do I care if I am told if and who the sky marshalls are onboard... NO. Do I care if I can tell them that I am the Kapitano and can make them do what ever I want them to do and they tell me to sit on it...NO. And why should I, my ego extends only to doing MY job well.

Really, I feel SOME of you guys out there think you know more about everything than anyone else but get real, realize that you just fly the aeroplane for gods sake. (Actually it would seem that some of you guys post as if you are God)

Surely you can be satisfied with the best seat in the office block, without having to be the CEO, HRM, MP etc etc.

After Sept you might very well find that the public may be very happy to have security on board that is quite separate from the dashing Kaptain up front, in fact I would be surprised if they didn't expect security.

And I support it to the point that I want it for my family every time they fly thank you very much. To steal a phrase "I fly and I vote."

As for the training of these guys, get real, does it really need your stamp of approval. How many of you that have posted on this issue would really know what is good and what it not ref this issue.