PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iraq murder trial charges dropped
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2005, 16:45
16 blades

Short Blunt Shock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again, it bears repetition, it’s NOT the Government or the Labour party doing the investigating, it is the Special Investigation Branch of the British Army Royal Military Police.
...and if you think that they weren't leaned on by their political masters via the chain of command to make this happen, then you truly are naive in the extreme, Pr00ne. For f**k's sake, man, if Blair pulled out a gun and shot somebody on live TV, you would STILL defend him. You are now becoming a ridiculous characature, my 'learned' friend. No matter, Blair's days are now well and truly numbered (and that number is small) with all that is coming out of the woodwork now - he's going down, and his band of cronies with him. And I am counting the days....

But someone did beat this young Iraqi to death
er...what young Iraqi, exactly?
- No body.
- No burial site.
- No death certificate.
- Family refused to give DNA samples or allow any investigation that may yield forensic evidence, so quite where talk of a 'matching blood sample' found on a soldier's rifle came from is beyond me.
- No reliable evidence that an incident ever took place, or that this person even existed, in fact.

Jacko, I'm a little shocked at your lack of objectivity here - not what I have come to expect of you, old boy. I'd expect this kind of thing from a Tabloid journalist, not a respected aviaton journo such as yourself. Which brings me to:
Apologies if I'm wrong, but there's still a dead 18 year-old Iraqi attracting flies out there somewhere.

And I don't think he tripped over and banged his head after a boozy night out at a Baghdad go-go bar
the Paras have to be sat down in a quiet room and told that if they are going to dish out a bit of street justice again they should do it in the privacy of their own homes.
So, RedTop, I guess a 'Not Guilty' verdict and the complete lack of evidence, save a few concocted statements by a group of lying, greedy (by their OWN admission) compensation-chasing Iraqi's is not good enough for you - you KNOW what REALLY happened, of course.

It is because of moronic statements like these from third-rate gutter journalists that we have so many problems with public perception. I strongly advise you to get out there yourself, on patrol with the troops, and see for yourself what they have to face on a daily basis before you make statements like these.

This case was POLITICALLY motivated ffrom the start. The reason? around 1 million Muslim votes up for grabs, many of whom deserted Labour at the last election. Join the dots, people. It's not f**king rocket science, although it is obviously beyond the average Tabloid journalist.

16B