PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Electronic Logbooks
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2005, 13:34
BRL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bookworm. Thanks for the interest! You can call it what you like, but I have repeatedly asked not to link to a product that will cost someone money.

You are corect in saying there is no mention of it in th FAQ but sitewide, it is a general rule that links to commercial sites/products are not allowed. You can mention the product as long as you like but please no links!

You would be surprised how many people actually use the 'report this post' function just to point one out when one comes up, I think there were two around the time this thread started.

Also bear in mind the site is run voluntary and it costs Danny and Rob a lot money to keep running. Money out of their own pockets and a little from advertisers.

If all advertisers had to do was post something about one of their products, then the site would have hardly any much needed revenue would it so mods try and keep links down to a minimium.

Let us look at this thread(just for arguments sake), if logbookpro wanted to, they could advertise and pay into the site, they don't of course but what is stopping them registering as someone and linking to their product that way? What do we say then when a rival electronic logbook company who have an ad with us complain? Do you see where I am coming from!!

At the moment that is how I look at it. I am sure if I am wrong then Danny or Rob will comment and put me right.