PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Illawarra Airport thread
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2005, 11:44
COLLIE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger

Cardia, I heard today that your observation about labour councillors is indeed correct. Sources confirm that some councillors have had enough of being dictated to and intend a rebellion against both their elected and non-elected bosses and I say; GO FOR IT!
Must be hard to keep up the pretences of representing your constituents when all you are doing is being manipulated like the proverbial puppet-on-a-string; there is at least one balding councillor in there that still has the string attachment points clearly visible!
DLG, You too have some valid points worthy of consideration especially where public safety is concerned. Some people are already asking rather pointed questions about how one operator at the airport is intending to test fly his product without breaching safety regulations!
Propswinga, Glad to see that issue comes up again....the investigations were incomplete but I understand there is now new information available thanks to some staffers? Any news on that front?
The End; Touche! You have hit the nail on the head! It is one of the worst kept secrets in council that the timing of the cessation of public participation is so that some very sensitive items can pass through council with as few questions as possible.
These items have also been timed to be passed during the relatively quiet xmas period when most public interest is elsewhere. If nothing else, you have to give this council top marks for their ability to manipulate the system to serve their own needs!
Finally, I have heard there is a petition doing the rounds seeking community support for a vote of no confidence in both Larry and Curley - any reader is encouraged to sign it, and in true Labour Party form, if you have a few relos that have passed on; stick their name on it too!