PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Run and Breaks
Thread: Run and Breaks
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2005, 10:12
The Jaguar Fan Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HWD

I used that Wikipedia explanation to try and keep things simple but obviously that was the wrong thing to do. In an accelerated stall it is the wing loading and NOT the AoA that is critical. With the same angle of attack, the airspeed at which the stall occurs will be increased by the square root of the G. therefore at "high" g, the aerofoil will stall at a higher IAS and lower AoA than a "standard" stall.

Fast erect
Define "performance" aeroplane...The JP was selected by the RAF for its "performance". Over 300kts, +6.5g, pressurised with a service ceiling of over 36000ft (on the mk 5 obviously) and fully aerobatic seems perfectly within the bracket of performance to me.

Working Hard
The majority of those undertaking "war games" do so for the preserve of our military aviation history and are properly trained to do so with adequate agreements in place at home airfields to take account of the differences. What radar has to do with it I'm not sure... With your kind of attitude we would have none of these vintage types flying at all and Duxford would be another field full of "spamcans" or houses!

Last edited by The Jaguar Fan Club; 8th Nov 2005 at 13:44.