PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recommendations from pilots
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2005, 08:47
low n' slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude!
That sounds great. Keep your thumbs crossed it will work out.
I was in that seat not long ago and it didn't turn out well unfortunately. My dad knew a recruiting officer for a local airline and they had a recruitment drive. I even saw the Ops manager in person. Still I didn't even recieve a confirmation letter that my application had arrived. Everyone else that I knew had applied, recieved letters from the Ops manager stating that they would not be invited for an interview, but not me. That sucked I thought but then again, alla applications were via snailmail and I just attributed it all to the "application lost" phenomena. It happens on my desk too so I didn't get all hung up on it.
If you're able, try to make personal contact with the guys in charge and just let them know you're there and will give your spare nut to work for them. If possible, before they go through all the CV's... If you know the guy who knows a guy, it might be akward to arrange a meeting that comes across as relaxed. That's very important i reccon.
Hope you get the job, certainly sounds good to me!
Regards/ LnS (who is yet to be employed by preferably SAS but anything else will do just as good!)