PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carefree FCS
Thread: Carefree FCS
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2005, 07:13
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fascinating stuff and thanks for the erudite comments while I turn slightly green with envy.

Did they have to use tyre levers to get the Rafale pilot off his seat on return.

I have not had the opportunity to use brute strength to overcome gravity and drag, but I have long been an interested student of the issues.

If I may ask a question about the Rafaele in the vid for example; as he pulls through the top and starts down there would have been an exit point beyond which his inability "against the stops" to further manage the energy and influence events would make contact with the sea/ground inevitable. ?? I have been very very close to there in the horizontal but not the vertical.

As it is a moveable feast and unloading the aircraft has predictable but rapid and unintentional results, is there sufficient computing power on board to predict the flight path for any current inputs, that would alert the pilot of an inevitable demise or unplanned ejection., should he unintentionally unload a bit or otherwise change the planned vector.

It seems to me that "gut" feeling has its limitations and the speed of events beyond rational thought.

Also as it is possible to build "feel or feedback" into the stick is it possible to reprogramme the travel so that the "carefree" travel is within 'normal' stick forces but provides extra "oooh ****" travel that requires a substantially higher force to invoke a "looser" set of parameters that might be enough to get you out of trouble.? There would have to be a penalty for its use, but it might just save the crew and aircraft.