PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Interview (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2005, 03:06
gfboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gulf Air

tic,

You appear to have the wrong impression of Gulf Air.

"Very very good at family issues", Gulf Air are anything but! Recently a Pilot for the airline had to urgently return home due to family matters, unfortunately while he was there a member of his close family died (I won't give too many details as it is a sensitive issue). He asked for unpaid leave and was told by Gulf Air he could have 3 days compassionate leave then was expected back in Bahrain to fly!!

As for the airline being professional, I can imagine in the past it once was. The operational aspect of the airline today is out of control. You speak to any flight crew member for Gulf Air and I can guarantee most of them are fed up and looking elsewhere. The rosters are not stable and are frequently changed on a daily basis. From my understanding there are a number of small issues annoying the flight crew, however these small issues are starting to add up.

I have just heard the news that the Head of Flight Ops at Gulf Air is leaving for Etihad. Perhaps the flight crew should follow his lead?