PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius defies IFALPA
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2005, 19:13
Fuzzyduck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This post has brought me back to prune. As an old bugger I have some info that may be interesting. Firstly dearest Bany was a young co on the 747. Good ol days. He was the union president, the same he is victimising today. P Pienaar was DFO and Bany wanted to be a captain. However the flight management of the day saw him as a loose cannon and were somewhat worried at giving him charge of an airliner. True to form, Bany hatched a plot. He accused the government of the day of issuing Mauritian passports to expats. He was on the watch list from the NIU. I can tell you that I personally flew with this man and he never impressed me. Very average. But he played the race card and won. On the evidence of the day it seems like old man Pi was correct. However the political acumen of the man is impressive, if only he flew that well!
On that subject Macgregor failed his initial command and his best buddy DP who was CP at the time washed his hands of his “good friend” that’s how useless the man was. He could not even enter a hold correctly. I personally flew with him and had to take control on more than one occasion. A very dear friend BC who was 767 CP walked into the office once Salim got his four bars and uttered the words “ heaven help us”. I did not know the nine G parrot however from what I hear he’s the same ol same ol. It is these people who are threatening to redefine certain crucial aspects in aviation unionism. They must be exposed for what they are and stopped at all cost.