PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good news!
Thread: Good news!
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2005, 16:26
VC10 Rib22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude,

I did, but my post wasn't to chastise smith for not congratulating Al (indeed, as he mentioned in his original post he was "delighted and encouraged", so no congratulations were necessary unless he really wanted to). My problem (and that of the others posting here) with smith was that he doesn't consider our congratulating of Al as meaningful, something which I'm sure Al himself would disagree with, as he is now in a position of being congratulated instead of being the one congratulating. When that time comes for me I will really appreciate any congratulations coming my way and certainly consider them as meaningful.

I'd also like to add that threads like this have existed for years, they are part of pprune tradition, and offer evidence to all future wannabees that dreams do happen. Ironically, smith has previously used pprune to congratulate individuals himself, so I'm sure that he is in fact a nice guy and, given the chance, I imagine he would rather not have made his previous comments which have portrayed him in a very poor light.

VC10 Rib22