PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2005, 16:14
Lister Noble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solo

Yesterday I did some quite good landings in very strong winds and really enjoyed it,wind was more or less down the runway but gusting around a bit and up to 25 knots.
Today the wind was straight down the runway and around 10 knots, I did a couple of OK landings but not spot on,then did a couple more better ones.
The CFI asked me to stop and did I feel like doing one on my own?
Caught me on the hop this did,as I thought I wasn't as good as yesterday.
I told him I reckoned I would be OK and off I went,I had been warned the plane would take off and climb quickly with just one person on board but it still took me a bit by suprise.
I was happy with the circuit although unlike other did not sing anything on the way round,just thought "I can't believe I'm doing this" and then did a reasonable landing.
I parked the plane and then there were lots of handshakes ,congrats etc and they all reckoned it was a good landing.
I have done exciting things through my life including sailing boats around the continent and racing cars but there is nothing like the feeling I have at the moment.
I'm booked for flying tomorrow but the forecast is not too special,anyway I can live on this high for a while!
Lister