PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Be advised, RUNWAY SURFACE IS WET ;19L
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2005, 09:47
enijose1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEO,
Thanks. I was just curious. there was an incident last week when the RW 18L had to be closed for maintenance. All Airports was advised not to allow departures out of their station until when cleared to do so, it was nice waiting on ground PHC compared to flying all the way to LAG, holding upto your point of 'pls go elsewhere', then diverting to Ibadan and they telling you that you can only pay cash for fuel. my company does not give cash-in-hand and i definitely don't carry around that kind of money. I feel sorry for the helicopters and these international flights when this happens, i mean closure of airfields without notice, it can mess up one's day. some people end up flying on reserves. I remember Chanchangi declaring an emergency in Abuja last year because their was power cut out , so we had to hold for them to put on their generator to light up the runway, we diverted after holding for 45minutes.

Another Question: Anyone has a good suggestion for a school where you can do a degree program, related to aviation?This has to be distant learning though. This degree thing , is it of any use anyway.A friend of mine, who is female ,is really unto this degree thing and i am just feeling ashamed of myself that if a female wants to get a degree, why can't I. I am not too old to read, i guess, but thats only if its useful.