PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2005, 09:28
Chequeredflag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well done Mazzy - and a great write up too.

You may remember my last post detailed a really bad flight whilst (unknown to me at the time) I was coming down with 'flu. That left me feeling pretty low (the poor flight that is), and with one thing or another I did not fly again for nearly 4 weeks. I'm pleased to say my last trip (the day you did your QXC, Mazzy) everything went very well. Won't bore you with details, but it involved a land away, nav, stalls, steep turns, Matz penetration etc etc, so I'm current on all these now, and everything fell into place, seemingly better than ever before.

After my previous effort, I was pretty nervous on the way up, and had told myself if I was as bad on the day as previously, I would bin the whole flying exercise and stick to boating. I made sure I arrived in plenty of time, relaxed, plotted everything, read the notams, got the ppr required for the land away, checked the plane out, and STILL had 30 minutes "coffee time" to wait. This is the first time I've arrived so early (normally arrive around 20 minutes before the slot), and I have to say I was very relaxed by the time I climbed aboard.

I booked a lot of slots for last week and also for next week. I've just got to do a couple of solo navs, a distant land away and one more double lesson with my instructor - then, all being well, it's QXC time for me as well (we do Turweston, near Silverstone, Cambridge, a busyish commercial airfield, and back to East Midlands). Problem is , everthing I've booked to date has been canned due to weather!!.

I've now got slots booked for next Mon, Tues, Weds and Thurs, mostly doubles or two seperate sessions, to complete everything necessary to get me to the QXC stage. However, looking at the forecats, I can't see the conditions being suitable for solo student limitations until at least Thurs! Hey Ho, patience is a virtue in this game!!

Any idea when you are taking your skills test mazzy, a red letter day indeed!!